Proudly Celebrating 150 Years of Education
1865 – 2015
St. Mel’s College opened in September 1865 with 48 boarders and 25 dayboys. Fr. James Reynolds was the first President. Today we have almost 500 students and past pupil Mr. Declan Rowley is Principal.
Since 1865 St. Mel’s College has been synonymous with providing quality education. We have a proud tradition and we had the opportunity to celebrate this tradition in 2015.
As part of the celebrations, we compiled a pictorial history of the College; This to be full of memories, stories and photographs spanning the 150 years. We invited past pupils and friends of the College who had any memorabilia, photographs or stories about the history of our school to send them to us.